MAKE AN INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH ABOUT ENVIRONMENT
Watch (and read) the following speech made by Leonardo Di Caprio at the 2014 United Nations Climate Summit (New York).
Your mission for Friday May 13th will be to deliver an inspirational speech in front of the class.
Topic: Environment (it's pretty wide so you can choose a more precise topic such as deforestation, sea pollution, endangered species)
Time: at leat 3mn
Steps to follow:
- thank the audience to be here
- explain why you are here and what you stand for
- give figures to illustrate your speech
- accuse the culprit (name them and use "you" or "they")
- say it's time to react (be punchy, persuasive)
- use "if sentences"
- use rhetoric devices (repetition of the same pattern for example; it's time to... or Now, we)
- thank the audience for their attention
You may use a slideshow with convincing pictures or figures (no personal sentences)